Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Changes...



"There's one sure thing, nothing stays the same." "Change is inevitable."

I've heard these words spoken multiple times in my short life. And unfortunately I believe them most of the time. I have placed trust in those words. That nothing is stable, nothing is sure, nothing is sound. And it's easy to believe when it looks like everything is changing. I've rented more tux's in the last few years of my life then I planned on and been to more weddings then I can remember. And I’m getting ready for several more this year. One in particular, my friend Chris. This is a bit different because I not only have a great friendship with Chris, but I also live in Chris's house. He is getting married in October, and let me pause to say I am thrilled for this new chapter in his life His fiancĂ© Kathleen is amazingly wonderful and Chris is going to be a fantastic husband and father someday, it just means that I will be packing up my stuff in cardboard box's soon. It's kind of fun the adventure of change, but also a bit overwhelming at times. And the phrases of "nothing stays the same" ring true in times like this. Or if you loose a job or break it off with a girlfriend. And I start to believe that Nothing stays the same, until I hear Jesus say, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

That's the kingdom I belong to. one that does not change. One that is completely different then what this world does or says or believes. It's just like Jesus to turn our logic upside down to reveal his glory.

so I may move a dozen more times before I finally go home, but it doesn't matter because i'm only visiting the land that changes daily for a short time, but my residency is in a kingdom that has not changed, does not change and will not change.

No comments: