Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom..Teacher...Friend


Back to Back birthdays! Today is my moms birthday...All of my memories of when I was younger are filled with smells. Smells of Christmas, Fresh laundry, Cookies, Brown Sugar, Perfume hugs, Hot fresh bread...all thanks to my mom.

My mom apologizes sometimes for her parenting methods and not being the best mother she could have, but the more I think about it the more I realize that although she may not be wrong about much I think she may be wrong about those statements. The truth is we do what we can with what we have and what we know in life. My mom showed me what love looked like with flesh and bone. What compassion and sacrifice means to a human heart. How to give and give and give and give and give even when it looks like there is nothing left to give. My life is different, my life is better, my life is brighter because of my mom.

thank you mom. for doing wonderfully with what you had and what you knew and still giving today. I love you...happy birthday mom, teacher, friend.

No comments: