Friday, March 13, 2009

simple.

Ever feel like you are sitting in a room and are everywhere but there. I meet with a lot of people throughout the day. Sometimes I show up but never fully make it there. My mind is set on the other 14 meetings I have to go to that day, the discussions I should have had the day before, the laundry I left in the washer and now smell like a swamp, that crazy idea I had about opening a coffee shop in Montanan and on and on and on and on. So I show up with a cup half empty and filled with murky water. I cheat the person. I cheat myself. Ultimately I cheat the Lord from using me and actively listening for what He is speaking to me.

Simplify.

We live in a time where you can be almost anywhere in the world at any time. Get on Skype and your chatting with a friend in Mexico and the same time texting your parents in Arizona all the while sitting with your brother in a sandwich shop in Visalia. We show up everywhere but here and now.

Simplify.

You can only do what you can do with what you have when you have it. So let's both stop trying to do the opposite. Next time we have coffee...I'll be there...all the way there.


"Be a simple kind of man. Be something you love and understand. Be a simple kind of man. Won't you do this for me son, if you can?"
- The Skynyrd

No comments: